March is Nutrition Month: Unlock the Potential of Food!
Exploring the potential of food!
We are celebrating Nutrition Month 2019 by helping Canadians unlock the potential of food to fuel, discover, prevent, heal and bring us together.
Dietitians are Key:
Dietitians believe in the power of food to enhance lives and improve health. Dietitians empower their patients, clients, and communities to embrace food, to understand it, and to enjoy it. The advice and information they provide is tailored to their clients and patient’s personal needs and challenges, including taste and accessibility. They translate the science of nutrition into terms everyone can understand to support healthy living for all Canadians1.
Food has the potential!
- Potential to fuel: Stay energized by planning nutritious snacks and meals into your day.
- Potential to discover: Foster healthy eating habits in children by teaching them to shop and cook.
- Potential to prevent: Understand how food can help prevent chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Potential to heal: Learn how food can promote healing and how dietitians work in health care teams to make a difference.
- Potential to bring us together: Enjoy the benefits of bringing families and friends together with food.
Do you want to unlock the potential of food? Learn more at www.NutritionMonth2019.ca
For More Nutrition Information: In Ontario, you can speak to a Registered Dietitian for FREE at 1-800-797-0000. For a list of other available resources please visit: Dietitians of Canada
If you are interested in a virtual Registered Dietitian service for a population that you support please contact us at 1-866-522-6148.
- Dietitians of Canada. About Dietitians. Toronto, ON: Dietitians of Canada; 2018. Available from: https://www.dietitians.ca/About-Us/About-Dietitians/Learn-about-Dietitians.aspx.