As a Canadian corporation Assistance Services Group, a SYKES® company is bound by the privacy laws and statutes governing all of the various jurisdiction in which we provide service. Since we provide programming for both the public and private sectors we have built policies and procedures to meet the requirements of Federal and Provincial legislation as well as national standards as set out in The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Thank you for visiting Assistance Services Group's (ASG) website. ASG is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website. For more information about ASG’s Privacy practices relating to our services, please click here.
We do not gather personal information such as your name, phone number, or e-mail address unless you supply it us, usually through contacting us via e-mail, fax, regular mail or registering in a secure portion of the site. The choice to provide us with personal information is always yours.
ASG, along with participating vendors, maintain server logs and web logs which automatically collect and log all incoming traffic to our website including your Internet Protocol (IP) address. However, neither we, nor our vendors of choice, make any attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site. ASG maintains and analyzes the web logs and web traffic. Our Website developer and hosting vendor, TWIST & BITS Creative Agency, maintains the server logs. They do not make any attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals using or visiting the site.
Website visitor information is not disclosed to anyone outside of our organization. It may be used by ASG personnel if necessary, e.g. to respond to a request from you.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
As a leading Canadian provider of services in the following areas, Assistance Services Group (ASG) is responsible for protecting the privacy, confidentiality, and security of personal information in its custody and control:
- Corporate Assistance Solutions including roadside assistance, roadside legal assistance, contact centre outsourcing, business support, home assistance, legal assistance and identity theft services; and
- Healthcare Solutions including patient-centered telehealth advisory and nursing triage services, attendance management and care coaching.
In order to provide services to you, ASG needs to collect, use and disclose your personal information. You have a right to know how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You have a right to expect that we will use reasonable means to keep your personal information accurate, confidential and secure.
ASG is committed to a high standard of privacy for its information practices. ASG complies with all applicable privacy legislation, including the Protection of Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) (PIPEDA) and applicable provincial privacy legislation.
Protection of Personal Information of Canadians
ASG is a subsidiary of Sykes Enterprises, Inc., a US public company. ASG employs stringent privacy and security measures, including technical, contractual, and corporate measures to protect the personal information of Canadians in its custody and control from inappropriate disclosure to foreign governments.
What privacy principles guide ASG’s privacy program?
ASG adopts the 10 privacy principles set out in the National Standard of Canada Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is Schedule 1 to PIPEDA. ASG has implemented a privacy program to meet the following privacy goals:
ASG is responsible for protecting personal information in its custody or under its control in compliance with applicable federal and provincial legislation, guidelines and rules. ASG has identified and designated a Privacy Officer to be responsible for implementing the privacy program and ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and rules.
ASG develops and follows privacy and security policies and practices that are compliant with legislation and provincial rules. Information about ASG’s privacy practices are made publicly available.
III. Consent for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the consent, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate. In order to be knowledgeable, ASG will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the individual is advised of the purposes for which the information will be collected, used or disclosed. The purposes must be stated in such a manner that the individual can reasonably understand how the information will be used or disclosed.
IV. Identifying Purposes
At or before the time personal information is collected, ASG will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected.
V. Limiting Collection of Personal Information
The collection of personal information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by ASG. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
VI. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
ASG uses, discloses and retains personal information for purposes consistent with the purpose for which it was collected. Use and disclosure for other purposes is by consent of the individual or as authorized by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes.
ASG will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected, used or disclosed by or on its behalf is accurate and complete, as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
ASG protects personal information in its custody or control by deploying security measures and practices to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction. ASG uses contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while the information is in a service provider’s possession, including appropriately executed business agreements, when deemed necessary.
IX. Right of Access
Individuals have a right to access information that ASG holds about them, subject only to limited and specific exceptions. Individuals who believe there is an error or omission in their personal information have a right to request correction or amendment of the information.
X. Compliance Challenges
Individuals are encouraged to bring any concerns or issues regarding privacy to the Privacy Officer for discussion and response.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. In general, ASG collects personal information directly from you or from a person acting on your behalf. Personal information includes, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, employment status, date of birth, and gender. Personal information also includes personal health information, which includes information relating to an individual’s physical or mental health, or the provision of health care to the individual.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
ASG collects and uses personal information for various purposes in order to provide services to you. The primary purposes for which ASG collects and uses personal information in each of ASG’s main business areas include:
i) Corporate services
- Roadside Assistance: To provide accounting, emergency service calls, towing services, travel planning services, traffic accident emergency services, trip-interruption services, motorist legal services, hazardous weather services, stolen vehicle services, vandalism services and fire damage services.
- Limited Legal Advice: To provide accounting, Brydges hotline services, young offenders not in custody services, summary legal advice services, independent legal advice services and lawyer referral services, personal information is collected either directly from the police, client or client’s Employer Assisted Program intake.
- Home Assistance: To provide accounting, emergency damage cleanup and home facility dispatch or referrals services.
- Insurance Assistance: To provide accounting, notice of loss intake services, rental vehicle arrangements, accommodation arrangements, emergency dispatch services and towing services.
- Business support services: To provide accounting, product information and distribution, marketing response and data collection services.
- Telemarketing services: To provide accounting, inbound targeted sales programs, outbound targeted sales programs services and surveys.
- Charitable Donations: To provide accounting and inbound donation services, personal information is collected directly from donors.
- Auto-manufacturing recalls: To provide accounting and inbound recall and customer satisfaction services.
- Recording of absences for absenteeism programs: To provide accounting and inbound absenteeism services.
- Surveys: To provide accounting and outbound survey services. Personal opinion data is received by mail and electronically entered onto client’s file.
- ASG’s internal and external purposes: For the purposes of accounting, new contractor and supplier authorization, complaint resolution and external corporate client reports.
- For planning purposes.
- To obtain payment for services.
- For quality and risk management activities and for client satisfaction surveys.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
ii) Healthcare Solutions
- To provide health care or assist in providing health care.
- To provide support services (i.e. public health, pharmaceutical, employee health and corporate support).
- For planning purposes.
- For research, teaching or to compile statistics.
- To obtain payment for services.
- For quality and risk management activities and for patient satisfaction surveys.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
What are your privacy rights?
You or a person authorized on your behalf have the right to:
- Be informed of the existence of and be provided access to your personal information in the custody and control of ASG, subject to limited exceptions
- Request changes or corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal information
- Subject to privacy laws, withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time
- Inquire about how we handle personal information
- Complain if you have concerns about the way we handle your personal information
How do you contact the Privacy Officer?
ASG has designated Privacy Officers to facilitate compliance with applicable federal and provincial legislation and this Policy. If you have an inquiry or would like more information about our information practices, you may contact the privacy officer at email@example.com.
Who else can I contact if I have a privacy complaint?
You have the right to make a complaint to federal or provincial privacy oversight bodies if you have concerns about our privacy practices.